As for the Ahl-ul-Sunnah wal-Jammah, and they are the Companions of the Prophet -sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam– and those who followed them in goodness, they say that the sinner does not stay in the Hell-Fire for eternity as a long as he does not make something prohibited as permissible. However, if he dies knowing that it is a sin, but the Shaytaan prompted him to commit the sin, then he does not stay in the Hell-Fire for eternity, in fact he is under the Will of Allaah, if Allaah wants He will pardon him and enter him into Paradise due to his Islaam and Eemaan and if Allaah wants, He will punish him in the Hell-Fire according to the amount of sin, then after he has been purified and cleared Allaah will take him out of the Hell-Fire to Paradise.
.. Therefore, whatever is less than Shirk then it is under the Will of Allaah, and committing suicide is less then Shirk, likewise is Zina (adultery & fornication), stealing and drinking alcohol. All of these things are sins that are less than Shirk, and those who carry them out are under the Will of Allaah. If a person dies while committing that sin then it is up to Allaah – Subhanahu –if He wants to forgive him due to righteous actions and the Islaam which is with him, or if Allaah wants, He will punish him in the Hell-Fire according to the amount of sins that he had committed.
– Ibn Baaz (Ref Here)
Posted from : Audio Series :
The Correct Creed – Based upon the book of Shaykh al Burjiss
- Rebelling with the Sword and Performing Takfeer Due to Major Sins – Imaam ad-Dhahabi
- The Ruling of Committing Suicide & not having Patience upon Trials – Ibn Baaz
- None of you should die Except while he is having good thoughts about Allah – Imam Nawawī’s & al-Manāwī
- The Fitnah of Takfeer (Imputing kufr on Muslims) – Dr Saleh as Saleh
- Hypocrisy in Belief (Nifaaq I’tiqaadee) and Hypocrisy in Action (Nifaaq ‘Amaliy) – Shaykh Salih Fawzaan