Benefits from Sheikh Muhammad ibn Ramzan al Haajiri’s 1st lesson in the Explanation of al Ibaanah as Sughra li ibn Batta:
The Sheikh began with an introduction of the writings of Ahl Sunnah in aqeedah. He reffered to the book of Sheikh Muhammad Amaan al Jaami ‘Taarikh al aqeedah’.
• Early books were called ‘as Sunnah’ and these were the books of aqeedah like the ‘as Sunnah’ of al Khallal and others’. Also, the words at Tawheed like ‘at Tawheed’ of ibn al Khuzayma and ibn Manda, and ‘as Shari’ah’ like that of al Ajurry are used to denote books written on aqeedah.
•The books of refutations contain knowledge and demonstrate the strength/vastness of the knowledge of the one who is refuting.
•The title of the book Ibaanah illustrates the clarity of the author and like it is said ‘a book is known by its title’.
•Some people, you can be with them for 10 years and not know who he really his and where he stands on things/people.
•The Prophet صلى الله وسلم used to affect people on the first gathering. A man would come with one face and leave upon another due to the clarity of the Prophet’s call.
• If you are calling to Allah’s deen, your goal is calling to the truth not calling to yourself.
•Not being upon clarity is the condition of those who call to themselves.
• The author’s intro illustrates his strength of at Tawheed and reliance upon Allah being humble before Him and realizing that He is all able and He is the One who gives and decrees.
• In the past, it was said about an individual that he was ‘Hanbali’ and what was meant was that he was Sahab as Sunnah (a person of sunnah).
•The greatest knowledge is having knowledge of one’s Lord.
•The reasons for going astray as stated by the author:
1) Approving opinions and desires (without daleel), 2) distorting the sunnah, 3) changing the religion, 4) not having the correct understanding, 5) causing divisions, 6) throwing the Book behind one’s back (i.e. leaving acting upon it) and 7) taking ignorant ones as leaders and teachers in the religion.
• As the author mentioned that he has narrated from the Imams of this religion, likewise is the caller and teacher to do. He is to connect the people to the Book and the Sunnnah and the ulaama, not to himself.
• There must be Furqan as this da’wah is a da’wah of Furqan distinguishing between truth and falsehood and thus distinguishing/differentiation must take place.
•The author used the word عقدهم which shows the word aqeedah was used by the scholars of old.
• The one who refutes the people of falsehood must have knowledge, firm resolve and forbearance/patience.
Translated and compiled by Abu Afnaan Muhammad
Anything shortcomings are from the translator and the Sheikh’s recorded lecture is the reference point.